If meat just becomes an inconvenience, and the last thing you wanna do is handle raw meat, or maybe you just don’t like sad looks on cows, you should look into this one. Very easy to make, and it doesn’t require any chopping. Just mashing. A lot of mashing.
What you need:
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 onion
- 3 (I like it garlicky) cloves of garlic
- 1/2 bell pepper
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon cumin, chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Blend onions, garlic, bell pepper in a food processor and set aside.
2. In a different bowl, mash black beans (without juice) and add egg, breadcrumbs and spices.
3. All you have to do now, is combine the two, and adjust the wetness/dryness of the mixture. If too dry, add a bit of flour and more breadcrumbs, if too dry, you get the idea.
4. Once the mixture is just right, form into patties.
5. Grilling can be a little tricky, but doable. For making it a little easier on yourself, fry in a pan with a bit of oil.