So.. left over chipotle in adobo sauce again. And was curious about trying out tempeh again. It has a very distinct and unmistakeable tempeh flavour to it that is hard to pair up with a nice sauce or in a stir fry.
Give this one a shot! The kale freshens things up, it's spicy, and if you don't cook the kale for too long, nice and crispy. Make sure to fry the tempeh at high heat.
It goes great with rice or quinoa.
What you'll need:
For the marinade:
- 1 small onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 chipotles and 1tbsp of adobo sauce
- 1 inch cube of fresh garlic
- 1 tbsp of honey
- 1 tbsp of sesame oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
For the stir fry:
- 1 pack of tempeh
- 1 fresh bundle of kale
- Some oil for frying
1. Combine all marinade ingredients in a small blender.
2. Coat strips of tempeh in a bowl with the marinade and let sit for at least an hour.
3. Start frying the tempeh (without marinade) at high heat in a wok and some oil for 3 minutes.
4. Add the kale and reduce heat to medium.
5. Add the sauce once the kale has softened a little (make sure it's not too soft - about 3 minutes)